Class: 'Absolute construction'
- rdf:value "04.08.08.006.02.01"
- rdfs:comment ""Nonfinite and verbless adverbial clauses that have an overt subject but are not introduced by a subordinator and are not the complement of a preposition are ABSOLUTE clauses, so termed because they are not explicitly bound to the matrix clause syntactically." (Quirk et al. 1985:1120)
Quirk, R., Greenbaum, S., Leech, G., & Svartvik, J. (1985). A Comprehensive Grammar of the English Language. London and New York: Longman.
Paul stood smiling in the doorway, [his legs wide apart]." @en
- rdfs:label "Absolute Konstruktion" @de
- rdfs:label "Absolute construction" @en
- skos:prefLabel "Absolute Konstruktion" @de
- skos:prefLabel "Absolute construction" @en